Come join me in my quest to live a happier more frugal way of life, while enjoying the more traditional family values.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Thats All Folks / Showing off About My New PC


I, m finished Spending
Technically speaking I have finished my spending for the month of February, today was my final payday and I have finished my Grocery shopping, put petrol in my car, and have used up my Mad money and then some.
Yes I went over on my mad money, by $10, not a Kings ransom by any means and so I,m not going to get all dramatic and declare this month a failure. I dropped a heavy box onto my french manicure and split two nails, badly.
I have been in a lot of pain with them and so after work today when I could stand it no longer, I had them fixed. they are still painfull but no longer catching on things and they will heal.
I only made around an extra $48 this week as I had done very little overtime, just as well really as my body was screaming out for me to stop, but every cent helps to eliminate debt. So I will add it to my snowflakes total.
I will do a final account on Sunday of how I have done this week. but I think all up a very successful month. Cant wait to see how everyone else has done.
I have now got my new PC up and running, fortunately it was installed by the tech when it was delivered and so far I have had very few dramas, this is the first time I have used Windows 7 so there are one or two annoying things about it but nothing I cant get my head around. So I have gone from a 12 inch laptop screen to a 23 inch LED screen and an ibook G4 borrowed from my Son. To an acer AM1900 with
Windows 7
intel 2 Quad processor
4GB of memory
1TB hard drive
DVD super Multi drive
etc,etc,etc.
Even the keyboard has a volume control.
It has a Microsoft Media Centre and I can watch TV on it.
So I am stoked, but here is the downside it is costing me $30 a week, that includes insurance and I,ll be paying that for three years before I can buy it out for $1. Not perhaps the best way to buy a new PC but with nobody prepared to give me credit this was my only option. I feel I can manage my budget well enough now to incorporate this payment in without cutting back on debt repayment or savings. So I will write a new budget and tweak a couple of other areas, will need to give this some thought.
By the way as a bit of an after thought I am now getting a proper look at a lot of your blogs and am seeing some of your backgrounds for the first time. There are some beautiful blogs out there, keep up the good work.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new PC! I can understand your not loving having to pay $30 a week. That's a lot. But based on everything I have read on your blog I am confident you have your finances in order enough to manage it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. That last comment is from me - Denise @ Budget Confidential - but I forgot to switch accounts. Now you will know in the future that any comments from The Single Saver are me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new PC sounds wonderful! The 30 dollars a week is a small price to pay for your own happiness. And in time, I know you will be paying it off early! No worries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 30.00 a week is a small price to pay for staying connected. After my post I have thought allot about it, and would definitly replace our desktop if anything happen...and yes would replace my laptop to.

    HMMM maybe I need to make this a new category and start saving for when one of them does go. Enjoy your new PC and I am so glad they set it up for you. If my son didnt set my laptop up I would be lost

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maureen..forgive me if I'm reading this incorrectly, $30 a week, it'll cost you over $4k. Wow that's a lot!!

    ReplyDelete

All spam will be deleted